In Idaho, surveys indicate some youth binge drink in the sixth grade, and a few may even start earlier. Parent’s disapproval of youthful alcohol use is the key reason children choose not to drink. Get informed and involved. Don’t just talk to your kids; let your actions show them you really care. Keep up to date with local and state-wide organizations, campaigns, and events.
2012 Sun Valley Road Rally, July 27 & 28
It's that time of year again!
The valley's most anticipated fundraising event!
No speed limits, no holds barred, pedal to the metal!
On Saturday, July 28, 2012, north of Ketchum, the Sun Valley Road Rally will once again transform Highway 75 into a "no speed limit" zone. Proceeds from this event go to support the Blaine County Community Drug Coalition's efforts to reduce drug and alcohol use among our valley youth.
Come watch drivers compete for the fastest lap in their Porsches, GTOs, Ferraris, Lamborghinis and other exclusive sports cars. Indy car driver, Johnny Unser, will be our special guest celebrity.
Calendar of events:
Friday, July 27th:
• Driver technical inspections will be held at the Sun Valley Auto Club in Hailey for drivers only.
• Ketchum Cruise Parade of Classic Cars-show off your baby! All sports cars, hot rods, and vintage vehicles are welcome to enter. Cost to enter a car in the cruise is $100 and includes one gala dinner ticket. Spectating is FREE and open to the public. 6-8 p.m. in downtown Ketchum.
Saturday, July 28th:
• Spectator Concourse- River Run Lodge lower parking lot, base of Bald Mountain in Ketchum. 8:00-9:30 a.m. Come view the participating rally cars up close and personal! Here you can purchase spectator tickets for the rally, meet Johnny Unser and purchase your very own Sun Valley Road Rally merchandise.
• Sun Valley Road Rally-North of Ketchum on Highway 75. 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Your spectator ticket buys you a bus ride to the rally site, access to the shaded viewing bleachers and a light lunch. Kid's activities, water and restrooms will also be available. Tickets are $10 each or $25 for a family of 4. Children under 6 are FREE!
• Gala Dinner & Auction-River Run Lodge, base of Bald Mountain in Ketchum. 6 p.m. to midnight. Silent auction from 6-7 p.m. Gala dinner with live auction from 6-9:00 p.m. Porsche Cayenne raffle drawing at approximately 9:00 p.m. Dancing with the High Street Band from 9-12 midnight! Tickets are $150 each.
Unable to attend the gala dinner but wish to support the Blaine County Community Drug Coalition? Please consider purchasing a Porsche Cayenne raffle ticket online. Tickets are $100, need not be present to win, and only 1,500 tickets will be sold.
Attending the rally and need to experience going really, really fast without getting a speeding ticket? Please consider purchasing a Ride with Johnny Unser raffle ticket online. Tickets are $25 and only 1,000 will be sold.
We appreciate your support! Thank you!
For all tickets and event information please visit: