Common indicators that your child may be drinking underage

Common indicators that your child may be drinking underage.


  • Your child’s school guidance counselor or your family physician may be able assess your child to determine treatment needs and provide referrals to counselors or treatment programs.
  • Your county juvenile probation office may offer substance abuse classes or recommend treatment programs.



  • The Partnership to End Addiction Parent Helpline. Get one-on-one help to address your child’s substance use from trained, caring specialists. All communications and services are free and confidential. Support is available in English and Spanish. Schedule a call, email for help, or text CONNECT to 55753.
  • SAMHSA’s National Helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357), is a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders.